Sexton Automotive, a franchised Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC dealership, specializes in GM Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles. When Sexton Automotive was looking for a knowledgeable and responsive Knoxville-area IT support company, Solomon IT was the perfect choice for their unique needs and requirements!
Sexton automotive is a multi-building facility, which operates a body shop, automotive service center, and dealership. As their property is significantly large, their IT needs tend to be complex and multifaceted.
The Situation: Aging IT Equipment in Need of Upgrades & Malware-Ridden Workstations in Need of Cleaning
After visiting their facility, Solomon IT reviewed their workstations and performed an assessment of their IT equipment to discover:
- Their workstations were full of viruses and malware.
- Their equipment was antiqued and in need of replacement.
The Resolution: A Network Upgrade & Malware-Free Workstations to Improve Productivity and Efficiency
Once Sexton Automotive decided to work with Solomon IT, the team of IT experts got right to work to:
- Clean the infected workstations in order to provide instant efficiency for their sales representatives to close deals faster while minimizing wait times for customers.
- Inform them of potential issues associated with aging equipment and determined how long before the equipment would fail based on its age and condition.
In the next few months, their equipment started having more problems than ever before. In fact, they didn’t have available ports to use, as their switch was losing one port after another! Solomon IT’s team of IT experts:
- Implemented a loaner switch and ordered a Netgear 24 port switch & Netgear Access Point for the main office.
- Replaced their aged Fiber Converter and their Linksys residential router with a Netgear wireless gateway.
Ultimately, Solomon IT was able to upgrade their aging and antiqued network with new equipment, in order to increase their uptime while preventing costly disruptions and downtime. In addition, Solomon IT installed their GM certified wireless testing equipment, which required separate segregated wired/wireless networks for each testing unit.
The Outcome: Managed IT Services to Keep Their IT Infrastructure Running in a Secure & Reliable Manner
Sexton Automotive has increased their service usage to include managed IT services, which enables them to rest assured knowing their workstations will be secure and virus free. Plus, Sexton Automotive also leverages Solomon IT’s Custom Addin to prevent their employees from accessing known websites or IP addresses that contain viruses and malware.
To learn more about our IT services and support, give us a call at (865) 294-0015 or send us an email email@example.com. Solomon IT is here to help you keep your technology running in a reliable and secure manner!