Ulistic is looking for a talented WordPress developer to work with our website team in our Sebring, Florida office to assist in the creation of lead generation and marketing focused WordPress websites for our technology solution provider clients.
The successful candidate will work with our website design team to produce custom marketing-focused websites and landing pages. The marketing website developer should have experience building themes using starter frameworks, including Bootstrap or Roots, has built multiple WordPress powered projects from the ground up, and is comfortable with the entire development process; including setup, back and front-end development, and launch. Typical project responsibilities include:
- Receive & review comps from project managers.
- Prepare assets from design files (usually Sketch, though some clients still prefer Illustrator or Photoshop)
- Set up and execute development in a local environment.
- Use our base starter theme, version control, and staging server for project consistency and continuity
- Build the project following the provided design comps, pushing database changes to staging and code to version control regularly.
- Coordinate with the project manager to implement changes as needed.
- Deploy the completed site to the production server, maintaining the integrity of the code base as required, over time.
Nice To Have Skills
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap and Roots
- Familiarity with PHPStorm, Composer, NPM, Bower, Yeoman, WPCLI and similar tools
- Familiarity with the Customizer & Widgets API’s
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- We use Advanced Custom Fields & Gravity Forms on nearly every project, so familiarity with those (especially ACF) is a plus.
- Advanced PHP/WordPress knowledge. This should be evident from your portfolio and github profile
- Flexibility, passion for the craft, and willingness to share knowledge
- Familiarity with industry web standards and good time-management abilities, including project planning and coordination with internal project managers
- Strong organization and communication skills, ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high attention to detail
- When you aren’t sure about something you are okay with saying “I don’t know, but I’ll look into it and get back to you.”
Ready to join one of the top employers in Sebring? Send your resume at email@example.com.
Stuart Crawford serves as Creative Director and CEO with Sebring, FL Ulistic, a specialty MSP Marketing firm focused on information technology marketing and business development. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience pertaining to how technology business owners and IT firms can use marketing as a vehicle to obtain success.