Video Is the New King! All Hail Video Marketing
Did you know that customers judge you by your marketing materials? Have you ever looked at an advertisement for a new product and secretly judged the quality of it based on what you saw in the advertisement? If the advertisement impresses you, chances are you'll give the product a try. If not, you'll pass it off as another average item on the shelf. Competition in online marketing is fierce, especially for MSPs. There are several similar services in the niche, why should customers choose yours?
While other marketing channels seem saturated these days, video marketing is still not in the arsenal of many MSP marketers, partly because it takes more effort to produce a video and many don't have any content idea for their videos. If you want to be at the top of your game, learn to utilize the power of video marketing to your advantage.
What Types of Videos Can an MSP Produce?
Since it takes more time and effort to produce a video, brainstorming content ideas should be an important preliminary step. Don't waste your time and effort producing something that no one is interested in watching. Fortunately, there are a lot of content options for MSPs to help you get started.
Simply put, a video podcast is a podcast with a video element. Why should you create video podcasts?
- People love looking at faces: Adding a visual element to your podcast can better engage users. Some people get bored easily reading walls of texts. However, most don't get bored watching fun and interesting videos. In fact, 79% of Internet users have a YouTube account (Oberlo). You'll reach a wider audience simply by adding videos to your marketing materials.
- Videos are far more social than audio or text.
- Sometimes it's faster to record a video of you speaking than to write down a lengthy article on the same topic.
Interview Leaders in Your Niche
To establish yourself as a thought leader in the field, you first need to show people you have a network of other thought leaders to turn to whenever necessary. Even though people turn to your channel to hear from you, there's nothing wrong with inviting outstanding people in the community to share their thoughts once in a while. In fact, getting insights from other professionals can not only expand your own knowledge but also help your viewers learn about different perspectives in the field.
Solve the Most Common Problems with Your Videos
If you understand your market well, you are familiar with the most common types of problems your target audience often experience. If not, go back to the keyword research phase and discover common keywords people type in when they encounter a problem. Chances are, you can title your video with that keyword phrase for better SEO effects.
Since you can approach the same problem from different angles, you will almost never run out of ideas creating video content solving people's common problems in the niche. The same goes for videos that demystifying common misconceptions.
Show Your Audience Who You Are
Before people buy from you, they need to have a certain level of trust not only in the product but also in your company first. With video marketing, building trust becomes a bit easier.
Show the world who you are and what you stand for through meaningful videos. There are several ways to set up these videos. You may record how people work in the company, let your team introduces themselves, or use a versatile range of video editing tools online to create animated videos that involve little or no recordings at all. The trick is, you need to experiment with both to know which your audience likes best.
Give Tech Tips
MSPs are tech people, and sometimes it's hard to convince potential prospects who don't have a good technical background. Reading a blog post full of jargon may sound boring. Let's make technical terms less intimidating with video marketing. You may show potential prospects how you set up your team, how projects are organized, and how people work in your company. This way, even a tech novice will have a basic understanding of how your company delivers values. When the technical aspects are the same, it's how you treat people that makes a difference.
Creating videos showing tech tips to an average tech novice will also not only bring you more viewership but also help you build trust because people form trust with people who help them understand difficult concepts in an easy manner.
What's the Best Approach When It Comes to Video Marketing?
Now maybe you can't wait to implement the above ideas in your next videos, or the second scenario is, you feel overwhelmed by so many ideas and don't know what to do next. Whichever case applies to you, remember:
- Do your best when creating marketing content: First impression matters. How prospects perceive your brand depends on how you present yourself online. Don't post videos that you don't feel proud to show your friends and family. If you don't have the skills to make videos yourself, there are many professional video creators out there to help you.
- Try everything and see what works for you: In digital marketing, it's not enough to just read some reports written by famous marketers and decide whether a technique will work for you or not. You need to test the idea yourself and judge by the results obtained. There are many angles and approaches to try out when it comes to video marketing. Some will work in your niche. Some won't. Only through trials and errors will you know which is which.
Video marketing can take your managed service business to the next level. If you haven't tried it yet, there's no better time than now to start. If you have been dabbling in and out of video marketing without obtaining concrete results, it's time to look at your current approach and see what needs to be changed. Contact us today to get connected to our marketing experts and pick their brains!