You may be crushing it as an MSP when it comes to handling different aspects of IT infrastructure. Getting a new security firewall up and running? No problem. Successfully moving a company’s data into a full-fledged cloud architecture? A piece of cake.
Yet managing a social media outlet like Instagram may be beyond your current skills. Have you seen your MSP business going in circles or bogging down entirely when it comes to launching and maintaining a successful social media campaign? Your company’s not alone. Many MSPs end up crashing and burning when it comes to social media marketing.
Biggest Social Media Challenges for MSPs
A lack of planning plays a big part in the struggles many MSPs face when it comes to social media. The following reasons also play a significant role in why many MSP keeps running into a brick wall when it comes to their social media efforts.
1. Failing to Understand Its Power
Many MSPs don’t understand how to use the reach of social media in promoting their company and the services they offer. It’s an opportunity to connect to customers and make your brand distinct in a sea of competitors. You can use to help build a qualified sales list for your company. MSPs who continue ignoring social media’s potential end up missing a chance to showcase the strengths of their company to a wide audience full of potential clients.
2. Not Incorporating Different Platforms
Social media offers a variety of different platforms that MSPs can use in social media campaigns. Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitch…the list goes on. Many MSPs fail in seeing the big picture in how these seemingly fluffy outlets could boost to their ongoing marketing efforts. Social media for an MSP can’t just start and end with building a static Facebook page.
3. Giving Up Too Quickly
MSPs who attempt to work with platforms like Twitter may grow frustrated when they don’t find immediate success by amassing 100,000 followers right from the start. They end up neglecting or entirely abandoning their efforts when expectations for ROI don’t pan out within the first few months.
That lack of patience can end up costing your company long-term. Not having an active makes it harder for potential clients get a real sense of your company culture when they’re in the market for an MSP and doing online research.
How MSPs Can Find Social Media Success
Here are three ways MSPs can break the stagnant path they’re on and start revamping their social media marketing efforts.
- Start with real-world relationships – The best way to start building up your social media following is through your real-life interactions. Make sure you inform your clients about the different ways they can engage with you on social media. You should even pass this information on to prospects that don’t pan out. They can still choose to track your company through social media and end become a full-fledged client in the future.
- Create a steady stream of content – You aren’t going to maintain interest in your social media platforms without consistent updates. Your MSP should be creating new content daily to feed to your audience in any format you choose. It could be through daily updates on Facebook or informative infographics posted on Instagram. Why not have your company owner create podcasts with different team members and broadcast them on places like Soundcloud or Blog Talk Radio?
- Play up your strengths – Companies specializing in handling hybrid cloud environments can talk discuss case studies from different companies they manage. If you specialize in security, you can highlight your successes in preventing data breaches and improvements your company made to the internal handling of sensitive customer data among your clients. It’s all part of reinforcing your brand and attracting the attention of customers needing the services you offer.
- Be willing to put in the work – Get ready to grind. You may start with one follower for a podcast. Embrace them. Talk with them about what your company offers and ways you handle different problems. Consistent engagement will help that one follower grow to three, then 10, 20 and so on. Avoid getting caught up in chasing big numbers. Don't let negative feedback discourage you from continuing. It’s about pushing forward and putting in the work needed to nurture your social media accounts and gradually build a qualified sales list.
Ulistic Bridges the Gaps
We help you make managing your social media updates as easy as building out a network. Ulistic provides social media training to assist inexperienced clients needing ideas on a fresh path forward. Our team guides you through finding the social media outlets best suited to your company culture. You’ll also get help maintaining cohesive brand messaging across all your channels.
Ulistic provides the type of management and support needed for obtaining positive ROI and long-term social media engagement. You’ll learn to understand where to find the audience you’re looking for and the best methods of converting them into clients. We can also show your MSP where you’re having the most success and continuously introduce new social media avenues of opportunity.
Interested? Contact Ulistic today and help your MSP get a better handle on your social media strategy.