Managed Service Providers are always trying to find a way to make extra money. However, the roadmap to MSP marketing success is not always straightforward. Managed Service providers must think of themselves as marketing and sales companies first. They must act like media companies with plenty of good content for potential clients. Being great at MSP work is no longer enough. The following are some things to keep in mind regardless of the size of your MSP.
Know Your Target Audience
One of the first and most important things to do is to identify your target audience and learn as much about them as you can. Your marketing efforts should target high-value customers. If they generate lots of revenue, they are likely to spend a lot of money on their MSP as well. Understanding the needs of your target audience makes it possible to tailor your services to their expectations. In the modern market, specialization is necessary for all MSPs. If you do not specialize in your customers’ market, they are unlikely to come to you
If you don’t have much information about potential customers, build their profiles first. You may do it by:
- Inviting them to educational events
- Taking a look at their social media postings
- Conducting surveys about their technology and operation needs
- Finding out if they are involved in industry associations
MSPs must know what motivates their potential customers to buy. It could be their need to support future growth, a need to minimize future expenses, to increase sales, or to improve efficiency. This information will help you determine your best customers.
Social Media Marketing
The role of social media in MSP marketing cannot be overestimated. Even when you are doing a great job as an MSP, failure to manage your social media outlets could be affecting your marketing efforts. Many MSPs fail in social media marketing. Social media allows your company to connect with many customers at once. It improves your brand visibility and helps you stand out from the competition.
With social media, MSPs have plenty of options to launch their marketing campaigns. The options include Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, and LinkedIn. Your social media efforts do not end on just one platform. Take advantage of multiple platforms to get the best results.
MSPs can find success in social media marketing by;
- Establishing real-world relationships: The best way to build an excellent social media following is by starting with real-world relationships. When interacting with customers in real life, let them know that they can contact you on social media.
- Highlight Your Strengths: Social media gives you the chance to play out the best things about your business. If, for example, you specialize in security, emphasize your success in preventing data breaches and improving your clients’ ability to handle sensitive data. Attract attention to the best things about your business.
- Steady Stream of Content" The best way to maintain interest in your platforms is by updating helpful content consistently. Whether you choose daily Facebook updates or educative Instagram infographics, your clients should be able to rely on you for helpful content regularly.
Local Events and Media
Sponsoring local events is not only a way to give back to your community but also an effective MSP marketing technique. Ensure that your local media cover the events. It improves brand visibility, boosts your sales, and helps you stay ahead of the competition. MSPs should try to get as much media activity as possible through magazines, local bloggers, and local journals.
While MSPs should focus on their primary job, they must think of themselves as marketing and sales experts as well. Contact Ulistic today if you have questions about our marketing and sales services for MSPs.