First—Some questions for you:
- Is the marketing you do generating the business you hoped for?
- Are your expectations for marketing aligned with reality?
- Can you say that you’re ahead of the curve when it comes to marketing?
If the answer to any of these is “No,” then I have one more question for you:
Are you ready to make the investment in time and money to ensure your marketing is the best, most effective, and creates a steady flow new business opportunities?
What did we do that you aren’t? Important Things
- YOU DON’T HAVE A LONG-TERM STRATEGY
Invest in marketing.
We learned everything we could about marketing—Went to conferences, hung out with experts who knew about marketing, and then we practiced it.
Put marketing first.
We thought of ourselves as a marketing and sales organization that just happened to sell IT services—Marketing first and IT second.
Decide what makes you unique from your competition. We were unique because we focused on serving oil and gas companies. We learned all about the industry and learned to speak their language. 40% of our business came from this sector. We got referral after referral because we knew what the industry needed. And, we made lots of money!
Have a plan. A program that you deploy:
- Daily –Take advantage of “accidental marketing” opportunities that come your way on a day-to-day basis. Plus, decide what events, meetings and speaking engagements you can attend or hold.
- Weekly—Develop a sales report you send to all of your vendors.
- Monthly—Meet with your account managers to touch base.
- Quarterly—Hold an all-hands-on-deck call with all your key managers and partners.
- Annually & Long Term—Decide what you’ve done right and wrong. Make changes as necessary.
Keep marketing when things get tough. You quit too early.
We got additional business from existing clients. Remember—All you many need to do is to offer yours something new, and of value to them. It’s a lot easier than going out and looking for new clients when things get tough.
- YOU DON’T TRACK YOUR SUCCESS OR FAILURES.
(You need to do more than just watch your Google Analytics.)
- What’s working?
- What’s not? (fix what doesn’t)
- How do you know?
- Where’s the proof?
- Track everything. (unique email addresses for campaigns, unique landing pages for campaigns, unique phone numbers for campaigns, inbound phone calls)
- YOU DON’T CONDUCT SALES OPERATIONS.
The marketing campaigns we developed gave our sales people something to present to leads. We gave them marketing materials they could deliver, held events and webinars they could invite prospects to, and more. Have your sales team canvass for leads. Walk door-to-door. Marketing’s job is to keep the sales team busy!
- YOU DON’T DEVELOP & NURTURE RELATIONSHIPS.
You must reach out to your community and connect with people via:
- B2B networking
- Media & PR
- Speaking Engagements
- YOU DON’T ADJUST BASED ON THE INFORMATION YOU’VE GATHERED.
If your strategy didn’t succeed, don’t do the same thing again. Take all the intelligence you have and adjust it. What can you do differently?
Don’t worry. Remember—When you get stuck there are people out there who can help. (Like Ulistic)
Ulistic Can Help.
We’ll take the “heavy lifting” of marketing off your plate.
However—You must participate.
- Take the first step. We’ll hold your hand throughout the process.
- Develop a plan. We’ll help you build a marketing plan.
- Measure everything. We’ll teach you how.
- Get off your butt! Get out there. Meet people—Canvass. We’ll bug you until you do.
- Be creative. Do things differently—Something that makes your MSP business unique.
Want to grow your MSP business?
Want to get going with marketing that works?
Give us a call at 716.799.1999 x 102.