I got this great email today from Perry Marshall that I would like to share with you. I have modified it for the managed services community.
Twelve differences between those who dream and those who act:
- Wannabes obsess about ideas. Successful MSP business owners obsess about implementation.
- Wannabes want more web traffic. Successful MSP business owners focus on sales conversion.
- Wannabes focus on positive thinking. Successful MSP business owners plan for multiple contingencies.
- Wannabes want to get on TV and get ‘famous.’ Successful MSP business owners build their list.
- Wannabes seek a perfect plan. Successful MSP business owners execute and adjust the plan later.
- Wannabes wait for their lucky break. Successful MSP business owners engineer four, five, six plans and execute them in tandem, wagering that at least one plan will get traction.
- Wannabes fear looking stupid in front of their friends. Successful MSP business owners willingly risk making fools of themselves, knowing that long-term success is a good trade for short-term loss of dignity.
- Wannabes shield their precious ideas from harsh reality, postponing the verdict of success or failure until ‘someday.’ Successful MSP business owners expose their ideas to harsh scrutiny as soon as reasonably possible.
- Wannabes put off practicing basketball until they’ve got Air Jordans. Successful MSP business owners practice barefoot behind the garage.
- Wannabes believe what they’re told, believe their own assumptions. Successful MSP business owners do original research and determine what paths have been already trod.
- Wannabes believe they can do anything. Successful MSP business owners do what they’re gifted for and delegate the rest.
- Wannabes think about the world in terms of COULD and SHOULD. Successful MSP business owners think in terms of IS and CAN BE.
And here is my very special NUMBER 13 just for managed service providers.
- Wannabes spend money on every program out there hoping to find the silver bullet. Successful MSP business owners invest in a strategic MSP business coach and partner who works with them toward a common goal of stratospheric success.
Stuart Crawford serves as Creative Director and CEO with Sebring, FL and Fort Erie, ON-based Ulistic, a specialty MSP Marketing firm focused on information technology marketing and business development. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience pertaining to how technology business owners and IT firms can use marketing as a vehicle to obtain success.