Download our 17 Step Sales Process Today and start closing more monthly recurring revenue immediately.
I stumbled across this document the other day about how to evaluate a MSP sales professional. Before I get into the document I had in my records from when I ran IT Matters, a leading Calgary MSP and IT service firm, please allow me to rant just a bit.
Many MSPs suffer from making a hiring mistake when trying to build a sales team or make that first hire. We are all so keen on getting a sales person thinking that if we just have a sales guy it will be the answer to all our prayers.
Here is the reality!
After hiring a sales person many MSPs immediately try to figure out ways to get rid of this costly resource. Why? Many of them have no idea how to sell. They have no clue, why is that? Good question. Great sales resources cost serious coin and many MSPs try to go cheap on their sales resources. Thinking they can hire a cheap sales person on a low end salary with a weak compensation plan, then they expect their new sales professional to knock it out of the park.
Guess what, it doesn’t work!
Here is the document I found.
1. CRM and Sales Tracking Process
2. Does Sales person understand the significance of Product Knowledge vs. Client Relationship
3. Can Sales person qualify a prospect on the phone and in a Sales engagement
4. Can sales person present your product and services effectively
5. Can sales person Close on the phone and in a onsite Sales Engagement
Tell me about your horrible sales experiences or even your great ones. What lessons did you learn and what are you willing to share.
7120 Schumacher Road
Sebring, FL 33872
27 Queen St
Fort Erie, ON L2A 1T6